Forms Needed for the Capstone
The First Form
Students must fill out a form at the beginning of the proposal process: the Capstone Proposal Cover Sheet which will be attached to the finished proposal.
See below for a digital copy of the cover sheet.
The proposal is due the last day of classes of the semester prior to the one in which you'll begin the capstone. This is not a flexible deadline.
The proposal must also include:
- a detailed statement of the rationale for the capstone project;
- a list of the parts of the project;
- a plan for the revision and/or production of the parts of the project;
- a timeline for the completion of the parts of the project; and
- a definite plan for how the writer will get advice from committee members about project materials and how the writer will respond to that advice, e.g., meetings, e-mail attachments, etc.
After approval by the committee, submit the signed cover sheet with the project proposal and time line to Terri Brennen, English Building 163. Once she receives that, she can enter the necessary prerequisite for the student to enroll in PRWR 7960.
The Last Form
Once you've finished the capstone, you'll need to submit a copy of the Capstone Project Completion Form.
This form must be signed by both members of your committee and is due to Ms. Brennen the last day of classes in the semester in which you complete your capstone. This deadline is not flexible. She will submit the form to the Registrar's Office.
Also, don't forget to petition to graduate. Refer to Graduation Forms.
Capstone Proposal Cover Sheet in Word or Adobe PDF.
- The cover sheet must be signed by each capstone committee member once they have approved the proposal.
- The cover sheet is due the last day of classes in the semester before the one in which you begin the project.
Capstone Project Completion Form in Word or Adobe PDF.
- This is the form the registrar's office receives from Terri Brennen after the student has finished the project, including the presentation.
- Both committee members must sign this from as well.
- The Completion Form is due the last day of class in the semester that you complete the capstone.
To read the PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.