Master of Arts in Professional Writing
- A bachelor's or graduate degree from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University. An official transcript sent directly from the institution to the Office of Graduate Admissions from each institution attended. Proof of baccalaureate degree should be on one transcript.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum graduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A completed KSU application form. An application for admission is available at http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/forms.shtml .
- A nonrefundable $60.00 application processing fee. Checks should be made payable to Kennesaw State University.
An application letter of intent that states the applicant's goals for the MAPW program and a rationale for the choice of concentration and support areas.One copy of representative writing samples from both the concentration and the support areas, not to exceed 25 pages. Please send a clean copy, i.e., one without remarks or a grade on it. If sending a collaborative work, please identify to which parts, if any, you were the principal author.
- Minimum verbal score of 520 and a minimum 4.5 (analytic writing) on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (no more than five years old). School Code : 5359 The GRE website is www.gre.org. It takes 10-15 business days for KSU to receive your official GRE scores.
The GRE requirement is waived for applicants who have earned an advanced degree with a 3.0 GPA. There are four Prometric Test Centers offering the GRE test in the metro-Atlanta area :
- Georgia State University 404-651-3816
- Tucker (near Northlake Mall) 770-493-9813
- Dunwoody 770-394-2330
- Marietta 770-980-1117
- The KSU Health Clinic will contact newly admitted and enrolled students regarding immunizations for measles, mumps and rubella. The KSU Health Clinic website is http://www.kennesaw.edu/col_hhs/hc/.
Optional: A letter of recommendation
Applications to the Master of Arts in Professional Writing program are received once a year. The application deadline is Feb 1st. each year. All application materials must be received by this date. New Master's or Certificate students begin each fall semester. The application deadline, February 1st is for master's students and ceritificate students (non-degree seeking students). Non-degree seeking students do not qualify for financial aid.
To receive a graduate degree from Kennesaw State University, a student must complete at least 27 semester hours of program requirements at KSU. All of these 27 hours must be completed after the student has been admitted to the degree program.
Provisional standing and non-degree status are not available for applicants to the MAPW program.